Movidius Neural Compute Stick
The Neural Network Compute Stick from Movidius™ allows Deep Neural Network development without the need for expensive, power-hungry supercomputer hardware. Simply prototype and tune the Deep Neural Network with the 100Gflops of computing power provided by the Movidius stick. A Cloud connection is not required. The USB stick form-factor makes for easy connection to a host PC while the on-board Myriad-2 Vision Processing Unit (VPU) delivers the necessary computational performance.
• Movidius 600MHz Myriad-2-SoC with 12 x VLIW 128-bit vector processors
• 2MB of 400Gbps transfer-rate on-chip memory
• Supports FP16, FP32 and integer operations with 8-, 16- and 32-bit accuracy
• All data and power provided over a single USB 3.0 port on a host PC
• Real-time, on-device inference without Cloud connectivity
• Quickly deploy existing CNN models or uniquely trained networks
• Multiple Movidius Sticks can be networked to the host PC via a suitable hub
Automatically convert a trained Caffe-based Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) into an embedded neural network optimized for the on-board Myriad 2 VPU.
Layer-by-layer performance metrics for both industry-standard and custom-designed neural networks enable effective tuning for optimal real-world performance at ultra-low power. Validation scripts allow developers to compare the accuracy of the optimized model on the device to the original PC-based model.